Modeling Oscillating Systems: Mathematics Component|
From a cooperating physics class,
the following data and information will be received:
Data derived from Stella models converted to a .txt
- Ideally, data from several different oscillating
systems and, for each oscillating system, data sets representing one parameter
changing while others are held constant.
- This could be 30 or more data files that will require analysis.
Lab reports from the physics classes that clearly
describe how each data set was created to include model parameters for each
- Students will be familiar with basic trig functions.
- Students will have graphed trig functions and investigated the effects of the four
coefficients on the basic trig graphs.
- Students will be able to take a mathematical model and construct a graph by appropriately
using the coefficients of the model.
- Students will have basic computer applications skills (very basic knowledge of Excel, and
simple copy and paste techniques)